Alterations in Urinary Microalbumin and Serum Antioxidants in Sickle Cell Disease
PK Patra, PK Khodiar, D Sahu, GK Sahu
Citation Information :
Patra P, Khodiar P, Sahu D, Sahu G. Alterations in Urinary Microalbumin and Serum Antioxidants in Sickle Cell Disease. Indian J Med Biochem 2016; 20 (1):1-5.
Copyright © 2016; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Patra PK, Khodiar PK, Sahu D, Sahu GK. Alterations in Urinary Microalbumin and Serum Antioxidants in Sickle Cell Disease. Indian J Med Biochem 2016;20(1):1-5.
- Biochemical indicator of sickle cell disease: preliminary report from India. Indian J Clin Biochem 2012 Apr;27(2):191-195.
- Renal abnormalities in sickle cell disease. Am J Hematol 2000 Apr;63(4):205-211.
- The kidney in sickle cell disease. J Assoc Acad Minor Phys 1992;3(2):41-45.
- Chronic renal failure in sickle cell disease: risk factors, clinical course and mortality. Ann Intern Med 1991 Oct;115(8):614-620.
- Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors for proteinuria and microalbuminuria in people with sickle cell disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2013, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1002/14651858. CD009191.
- Severe anaemia: a risk factor for glomerular injury in sickle cell disease. J Natl Med Assoc 1995 Mar;87(3):209-213.
- Prevalence and clinical correlates of glomerulopathy in children with sickle cell disease. J Pediatr 2000 Jun;136(6):749-753.
- Plasma levels of retinol, ascorbic acid and alpha-tocopherol in sickle cell anaemia. Cent Afr J Med 1995 Feb;41(2):48-50.
- Increased concentrations of IL-18 and uric acid in sickle cell anaemia: contribution of hemolysis, endothelial activation and the inflammasome. Cytokine 2011 Nov;56(2):471-476.
- Levels of uric acid, urea and creatinine in Iraqi children with sickle cell disease. J Pak Med Assoc 2000 Mar;50(3):98-102.
- The antisickling role of uric acid in sickle cell disease. Trop Geogr Med 1987 Apr;39(2):152-156.
- Screening for the sickle cell gene in Chhattisgarh state, India: an approach to a major public health problem. J Community Genet 2011 Sep;2(3):147-151.
- Proteinuria in adult Saudi patients with sickle cell disease is not associated with identifiable risk factors. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2010 Sep;21(5):903-908.
- Proteinuria among adult sickle cell anaemia patients in Nigeria. Ann Afr Med 2011 Jan-Mar;10(1):34-37.
- Polymerization and sickle cell disease: a molecular view. Microcirculation 2004 Mar;11(2):115-128.
- Prevalence and clinical correlates of microalbuminuria in children with sickle cell disease. Pediatr Nephrol 2010 Aug;25(8):1505-1511.
- Reduced levels of plasma ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in sickle cell disease patients: its possible role in the oxidant damage to sickle cells in vivo. Clin Chim Acta 1985 Jul;149(2-3):257-261.
- Blood pressure, hematologic and erythrocyte fragility changes in children suffering from sickle cell anaemia following ascorbic acid supplementation. J Trop Pediatr 2002 Dec;48(6):366-370.